What Is WIC?
- WIC is a supplemental food and nutrition education program.
- WIC provides healthy foods including fruits and vegetables.
- WIC provides nutrition education to help people make better food choices.
- WIC provides information about how these relate to overall health.
- WIC has a breastfeeding Peer Counselor to provide breastfeeding support.
- WIC provides breast pumps and supplies for WIC clients
Who can get WIC?
- Pregnant women.
- A breastfeeding woman up to one year after the baby is born.
- A non-breastfeeding woman up to 6 months after the baby is born
- Children up to the fifth birthday
200 Gamble Drive
Lincolnton, NC 28092
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
To make an appointment, please call:
Phone: (704) 736-8639
Phone: (704) 736-8640 or
Phone: (704) 732-0487
Fax: (704) 732-0469
Income – If you already receive Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps) or Work First, you are already income eligible. If you don't, we screen household income. Household income must be less than 185% of the US poverty Income Guidelines.
Residence – We serve all NC counties. Proof of address of where you live in North Carolina is required.
Identification – Proof of ID is required for whoever is applying for WIC services.
Medical/Nutritional Risk – It is determined by a nutritionist. A client talks to a nutritionist to determine whether or not they are eligible based on a nutritional or medical risk.
For more information, please see North Carolina WIC website.
The USDA Nondiscrimination Statement