Map to This Location
115 W. Main St.
Ph: (704) 736-8478
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
The Purchasing Office is a service-oriented activity. As such, it exists to serve the needs of operating departments/agencies in County Government. The Purchasing Office has the responsibility to advise of the suitability, quality or quantity of equipment, material or supplies requested.
The Purchasing Office is charged with:
- Purchasing goods and materials in accordance with established laws and local policy
- Operating a consolidated purchasing function for the County
- Informing departments of contracts that might be utilized
- Initiating and completing all formal and informal bid proceedings
- Issuing purchase orders
- Disposal of surplus property