The Soil and Water Conservation programs include:
- Engineering assistance on soil conservation designs and animal operations waste storage and land application.
- Wildlife Habitat Management information. Ex: pond and wetland construction and maintenance, warm season grasses, etc.
- Plant identification; provide materials and information for soil sampling and analysis interpretation.
- Provide technical assistance to landowners in solving soil erosion/drainage problems.
- Environmental educational programs to schools, civic clubs, churches, etc.
- Old aerial photos for 1938, 1951, 1956, 1968 and 1982; Flood Plain maps, soils maps and information and topographic maps.
- Information to general public concerning county, state and federal laws dealing with environmental issues.
- Technical assistance to other county and state departments. Ex: Forest Service, Solid Waste, Planning, Recreation
- Administer state cost share programs for water quality or water quantity improvement.
- Sale erosion control netting, filter cloth, tree seedlings, etc.
- Provide assistance for implementation of the Farm Bills, requiring all persons receiving USDA benefits to have a conservation plan on all highly erodible land.
- Assist in conservation easement applications (state & federal) or provide information pertaining to easements.
- Have a Truax No-till Drill available for rent
For information or to apply for cost share or easement programs, please contact our office.